Wednesday, February 9, 2011

You Can Keep Your Health Care Benefits, or Can You?

We all remember the trumpeting of health care reform (PPACA). We all heard that if we wanted to, we would be able to keep our existing benefits. A recent poll suggests that is wrong.

According to data from the Society for Human Resource Managers (SHRM), 51% of HR managers say they will keep their health care offerings. That leaves 49% who either won't or are not sure. The biggest hurdle may not be cost, but the implementation process. 54% said that the provision requiring coverage of adult children is creating implementation problems. 34% complained about the exclusion on reimbursements for out-of-pocket expenses for over-the-counter medication as being an implementation challenge.

To me, this suggests that many of us will not be able to keep our health care benefits. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment